Probably most, if not all of us, have heard the saying, “Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.”
But aside from the question of how to make that happen, lies a much bigger, often far more difficult question.
“What do I love doing?”
Who the hell knows? I know I don’t love office tedium, or stupid bosses, or draughty desks, or work-appropriate attire, or not going on luxurious holidays…or just holidays…
But wait, we’re supposed to chase the dream and the money will follow, so…every day will be a holiday…?
Here are some questions you should apparently ask yourself:
- What comes easily to you?
- What do you read about till 2.30 in the morning
- What gets you up at 4.30am?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What kind of things do people compliment you on?
- What activities give your spirit energy?
Here are answers that come readily to me:
- Baby poop (EC), baby sleep (just for the larf), comedy.
- The baby.
- Sleeping, reading, drinking tea, eating (lots of heavy savoury then lots of chocolate), playing with / hanging out with baby, shopping, walking…other stuff.
- The baby. Sometimes on my ability to eat a lot. (Sometimes that comes across as horror.)
- Sleep. Comedy. Love. Food. A high word-count that’s not total b*ll*x. Other stuff.
So, upon vague analysis while eating chocolate, I find I should either be a) a mother, or b) definitely not a mother, or c) …not an analyst; I got nothing else.
Well then, there you go folks; I’m living the dream – my dream…or one of them; maybe if I got some sleep I’d be more clear on what I’m doing… 😀
What do you love to do? Is it reading?
Want to read more? Why not check out my novels and stay comfy on that couch.